Take part in the photo contest
For 'World Heritage Sites in Danger' in Libya
Within the global WHINDanger project
The competition aims to motivate communities to contribute to the definition and documentation of their cultural heritage.
The posts contribute to the expansion of the visual archive around the sites, which is available to the public on Wikipedia encyclopedia
It is based on open participation, free of charge, and volunteering.
This contribution is not limited to the winning photos only, but the best participating photos will be published on Wikipedia and the project website, with the name of the photographer who submitted the photo according to a Creative Commons License.
(1) The photograph should be of one of the Libyan sites inscribed on the World Heritage List,
namely: Acacus, Ghadames, Lebda, Sabratha, and Shahat.
(2) The photograph must be taken personally and you have full ownership and copyright.
(3) That people do not appear in the photo frame.
For each of the five sites, a selection will be made:
first place winner,
and a second-place winner,
These will be selected by a Jury of expert archaeologists and photographers.
Amazon Kindle Gift Card
for purchasing books and/or e-books.
Domestika Gift Card
that enables the winners to attend 3 training courses of their choice online, with a certificate upon completion. Courses include the arts, photography, design, animation, marketing, technology and others.
(1) The quality and aesthetics of the image.
(2) Encyclopedic important; the extent to which the image contributes data on artifacts or archaeological buildings not widely covered on Wikipedia encyclopedia.
How to participate:
(1) Enter the competition link dedicated to the 5 Libyan sites:
(2) Register and confirm via the link sent to your email.
(3) Choose from the 5 World Heritage sites in Libya.
(4) Upload the photo and relevant details, if available.
Instructions are demonstrated in the video bellow.
Final date for accepting contributions:
October 28, 2021
You can submit more than one image and more than one site.
(It is prohibited to send images from the Internet or without the permission of the owner, and the sender is responsible for the consequences of misusing the rights of the original photographer.)